Integration (AKA “growing up”) is the new frontier for me these days, and it has been showing up in so many different ways:
– Working mixed with fun
– Service mixed with self-care
– Sex combined with profound connection
– Practical “root chakra” considerations seen through the lens of the more soulful “crown chakra” ones
– Athleticism combined with activism
– Art as social commentary and consciousness raising service
– Beautifying self and environments while considering the earth’s longterm well-being…
There is no better combo these days than healthful eating combined with sensual rapturous-ness and satisfaction.
This was never more the case than a few nights ago, when I invited the luminous Anna Thomas to come to my house, along with 25 of my girlfriends, to learn how to make soup from her. She just released a book called “Love Soup” and, those being two things I am obsessed with, I thought we’d both might be oriented to a similar ‘true north’.
Soup! Love! Let’s do it!
The opportunity to have 25 women in one place is my FANTASY, as without my ladeez I am NOTHIN’. And a gaggle of them all about, all focused on Anna’s labors, fruits and guidance was right up there in my top 10 favorite communal experiences.
The hands-down favorites were the green soups, proving that healthy does not have to mean disgusting.
…. continue reading the full article here: