"It is a joy to be hidden but a disaster not to be found."
-- D.W. Winnicott
q&a with am
am questions for fans
am’s favorite quotes
All Members (75,086)
Viewing member 1 to 20 (of 26 active members)
- - "[http://localhost/content.php?id=mksite] ç›¸å…³çš„ä¸»é¢˜æ–‡ç« : […] "
active 10 hours, 49 minutes ago
- - "An explosion at […] "
active 16 hours, 23 minutes ago
- - "(NaturalNews) Every day the news gets worse. Today it was robots telling us that radiation is so hot inside the nuclear plant in Japan that workers will have a hard to impossible time to work in certain areas to recover the plant from worst case scenarios. Radiation levels are just heading up across the board and across continents. Sunday morning the news was so bad that I didn’t know what to do or write.I could try screaming but I am not the type…or crying, well that comes almost too easily. Perhaps I am crazy. After all, Ann Coulter got on TV and actually said, “The only good news is that anyone exposed to excess radiation from the nuclear power plants is now probably much less likely to get cancer.” And Dr. Josef Oehmen, a research scientist at MIT, said, “I repeat, there was and will *not* be any significant release of radioactivity from the damaged Japanese reactors.”Click here to see the video.I wrote some pretty crass words the other day to begin an essay:Avoiding exposure and radiation-induced diseases might come down to, I am terribly sorry to say, running for our lives. Anyone who cannot accept this is the reality millions of Japanese face is probably not worth saving so let them consume all the milk and unwashed leafy vegetables they can.I got two probably well-deserved complaints about it. I allowed myself the expression as my first lines in a terrible document about the worsening situation in Japan and I could feel my […] "
active 1 week, 6 days ago
- - "The deep freeze that continues to spread across most of the U.S. has given some regions in the north the appearance of a 2013 ice age.High, freezing cold winds forced big chunks of ice onto the shore of Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin, creating 25-foot high ice shoves, CNN reports.The phenomenal piles of ice hit neighborhood streets and backyards, damaging property and blocking roadways, while at the same time impressing visitors who have never before seen such immense frigidness.One of the ice shoves in Wisconsin took down both a tree and light post. Big freeze: High, freezing cold winds pushed chunks of ice onto the shore of Lake Winnebago in Wisconsin, creating 25-foot high ice shovesFrozen over: The huge piles of ice have given the region the appearance of a 2013 ice ageNot fit for humans: The immense ice shoves hit neighborhood streets and backyards, damaging property and blocking off roadways Amazing nonetheless: The frigid land and water scape impressed locals and visitors A chilling animation revealed the path of the Arctic air that brutally invaded the United States this week, as frost continues to bite at every corner of the country.The animation, made with weather data from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the National Centers for Environmental Prediction, reveals how freezing temperatures barreled deep into the South early this week – before retreating and returning again.It comes as millions across the country continue to battle snow and ice, with more snow storms expected on Friday before some let up this weekend.The animation shows the movement of the cold air from Saturday, when it hovered over Montana, North Dakota and northern parts of Minnesota and New England, while other areas of the country enjoyed comfortable, balmy temperatures for January.But on Sunday, the cold air can be seen sweeping across the country, and by Monday it looms over the Midwest, Northeast and even some southern States. It appears to retreat before pushing ahead on Tuesday, reaching Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia, before repeating the pattern on Wednesday. Descent: An animation has revealed how freezing temperatures invaded the country this week, showing the northern most states affected on SaturdayPicking up the pace: By Sunday, the Arctic air begins to plunge into some southern statesThe invasions and retreats are caused by a daily cycle of heating and cooling, according to NOAA, but ‘the pattern is clear: Much of the U.S. is pretty cold’.Yet there will be some let up this weekend, with temperatures expected to rise after a snowstorm is predicted to blanket Midwestern and Atlantic coastal states today, according to meteorologist Alex Sosnowski of Accuweather.com. More…Arctic sea-smoke breaks over Portland at dawn after temperatures as low as -36F sweep U.S. (and Chicago’s incredible freezing fire is STILL burning two days later)Dramatic moment Australian boy is plucked to safety after being found clinging to a tree as floodwater rages around himEtna burns bright through the night: Beautiful images capture lava spewing from Europe’s most active volcanoThe cold air is also expected to retreat from the Midwest this weekend, allowing warmer air to take its place. Yet the collision of these air masses could bring an ice storm to the region, according to Accuweather.com.On Thursday, Ely, Minnesota endured temperatures of 29 below zero Fahrenheit (minus 34 Celsius), according to the National Weather Service. The stunningly low temperature, which came without factoring in wind chill, was recorded under calm skies near Minnesota’s border with Canada.VIDEO: Watch as freezing air invades the country Blanket: Throughout the week, the cold temperatures have reached into the southern states, as pictured, before retreating slightly and then returningRetreat: Cold air still blanketted much of the country on Thursday and Friday, with temperatures in Minnesota reaching a startling -29 FIn Brooklyn, New York, where around 200 homes devastated by Hurricane Sandy in October remained without heat, ‘it’s just getting colder and colder,’ said Doreen Greenwood-Garson, chief of the Gerritsen Beach Fire Department.Nightly, the volunteer department has loaded its ambulance with donated space heaters and free hot meals and delivered them to shut-ins, said Greenwood-Garson, a real estate broker. Already it has given away a total of 60 space heaters and each night about 50 meals, she said.In Long Beach on New York’s Long Island, the Martin Luther King Center, a community gathering spot, ran out of donated space heaters, said James Hodge, a city employee who is coordinating relief efforts there and is without heat in his own home. ‘I even gave out my own personal heaters that I was sleeping with,’ Hodge said.The center has been hosting more than 100 people during the day who needed a warm place to stay for a few hours, particularly school-children, who are being provided hot food, Hodge said. Majestic cold: The North Pier Outer Lighthouse in St. Joseph, Michigan, was frozen over by cold winter weather on Friday Frozen Coney Island: Ice formed on a jetty at the beach in Coney Island on Friday, January 25, 2013, in Brooklyn, New York Fighting back: Attorney Anna Hammond of Frederick County, Virginia shovels snow from the sidewalk in front of her East Boscawen Street office in WinchesterFrozen: Ice accumulates at the edge of the Delaware Riverby the Phillipsburg boat launch in Phillipsburg, New Jersey, where there’s a possibility of snowWrapped up: People walk next to the Pond, which is partially frozen, in the southeastern part of Central Park in New York on ThursdayBiting temperatures: A fountain partially frozen into ice is seen at Bryant Park in New YorkHodge said he was concerned that some people still suffering from the storm’s damage may […] "
active 2 weeks, 1 day ago
- - "Here is more regarding Calvin Klein underwear […] "
active 4 months ago
active 4 months ago
active 4 months, 1 week ago
- - "For more information in regards to Read More […] "
active 5 months, 3 weeks ago
- - "If you are you looking for more info […] "
active 7 months, 3 weeks ago
- - "If you are you looking for more in regards […] "
active 8 months, 3 weeks ago
- - "So how do you figure out which consultants to operate with? The explanation you have a Facebook website page on your small business is since there’s at any time 60 million upgrades posted from the five hundred million Facebook customers. The Bottom line is that social media can bonus your organization and when you don’t have time to accomplish it then come across a trusted personnel to do it as aspect of their working day to working day tasks. This really is also very good option to the CEO of the company to obtain in touch along with his consumers, to ensure he is familiar with just what exactly they sense about his providers and products. You might take advantage of this package irrespective of whether you might have a long time of specialised […] "
active 1 year ago
active 1 year, 3 months ago
active 1 year, 3 months ago
active 1 year, 3 months ago
active 1 year, 4 months ago
active 1 year, 5 months ago
active 1 year, 7 months ago
active 1 year, 8 months ago
active 1 year, 10 months ago
active 1 year, 11 months ago