ffunkel54 posted an update 2 months ago
In a recent Michael Michael Kors Hamilton Large Tote survey of 1,000 U.S. renters by Rent.com, an astonishing 61 percent said they spend more than they make every month. Here are five creative ways can curb their spending habits:
1. Trim the fat. Almost half of the renters Rent.com (49 percent) said the hardest part about saving money is costs just continue to increase. While you canâ€™t do much about rising costs, you can stop spending money on things you donâ€™t need. For example, paying for a gym membership will burn more money than calories. Instead, create a mini home gym with some simple, inexpensive fitness equipment, like resistance bands or kettlebells, so you can stay fit without straining your wallet. Michael Kors Tote Bag If you donâ€™t watch a lot of television but youâ€™re paying for cable, consider switching to a cheaper online option, like Netflix or Hulu Plus.
2. Be prepared. Life is unpredictable, but donâ€™t be like the 26 percent of renters who said necessary-but-unbudgeted expenses are the hardest part about saving money. Put a small amount of your paycheck aside in an emergency fund until you have at least six times your monthly income. Ifâ€•or better yet, when your car breaks down or you need a root canal, youâ€™ll be glad you have the extra cash on hand.
3. Treat yourself (responsibly). Impulse purchases were the downfall of 15 percent of the renters surveyed. Saving money doesnâ€™t mean you canâ€™t ever buy yourself anything. In fact, if you donâ€™t allow yourself some fun, youâ€™re more likely to break down and go on a spending spree. The key is to give yourself a limit by including monthly indulgences in your budget.
4. Have fun for free. Going to bars and restaurants can get expensiveâ€•just ask the 6 percent of renters who said socializing is the hardest part of saving money. There are plenty of things you can do with Michael Kors Hamilton Large your significant other or friends for little or no money at all. Consider hosting a board game night or potluck dinner, getting active outside with a bike ride or hike, or attending a free community event. With a little creativity, you can have a good time without draining your bank account.
5. Get help budgeting. If youâ€™re just bad at budgeting, like the 4 percent of the renters reported in the survey, youâ€™re in luck. There are plenty of free online resources to helpâ€•and some even do the work for you. Michael Kors Charlton Crossbody A go-to budgeting helper is Mint.com, a highly-trusted, secure website where you can link your bank, Cheap Michael Kors credit cards, loans and investments, so you can see all of your accounts in one place. In addition to helping you stay on top of your finances, the site will also help you set and reach your financial goals.
Niccole Schreck is the Rental Experience Expert for Rent.com, the only free rental site that helps you find an affordable apartment, gives you tips on how to move and then says, ”Thank you” with a prepaid Cheap Michael Kors Bags $100 Reward Card.